On 17 March pm, the TSRC Committee discussed the coronavirus pandemic impact on the club, with respect to the latest Government and England squash advice and arrived at the following recommendations for club members;
You MUST NOT ATTEND
the club if any of the following apply to you:
- if you feel unwell in any way (including high temperature, cough, cold etc.)
- if you have had recent contact with anyone that exhibits the above symptoms
- if you have returned from overseas up to two weeks before intending to attend the club
The staff have been told to turn away anyone they feel does not conform with the above.
It is also recommended that anyone in an at risk demographic (e.g. with underlying health problems or over 70), should not play.
If you decide not to play because of the above, there will be no court fee or fine payable.
In addition to the above:
- All Northumbria Squash team matches have been postponed until further notice
- No doubles games are to be played
- There will be no water available from the bar (please feel free to bring your own)
- The gym will be closed
Although the bar and changing room remain open, we ask you to:
- maintain a space of 6 feet between yourself and others
- use the sanitizers provided when touching any surfaces
- use the disinfectant sprays provided in the changing room on you area after having been showered and dressed.
- not heat squash balls in changing room basin
The committee will review the situation on an ongoing basis, and keep you informed.